Our History

The First Christian Church of Mt Pulaski was organized in 1868 as a result of the preaching and work of D.D. Miller of Michigan.  With 30 charter members, a church building was completed and dedicated in 1869 or 1870, costing about $2,000. 

After a few years of service the work declined and worship nearly ceased, but August 15, 1887, the church was re-organized with 50 members.  After steady growth for several years, the old building became inadequate.  Under the leadership of minister D.A. Lindsay, the old building was moved back and a new structure was built, costing about $9500.

Growing pains were felt again in 1958 which led to the decision to build an addition on the south side of the building at a cost of $40,000.  This addition created overflow seating and a minister's office on the main floor and Sunday school classrooms in the basement.  By 1970, the church's growth once again required additional space.  At this time the congregation decided to hold services in the south addition while the frame structure of the original building was torn down and replaced with the current brick building using the original stained glass windows. This project came with a cost of $400,000. 

In 2003 the growth of Sunday school, youth and children's programs required that the church once again consider an addition to the building.  When the property became available to the east of the building, the church decided to move forward in building a multi-purpose family life center.  Since being dedicated in the spring of 2007 it has become a blessing to both the congregation and community.